the origin, purpose and future of the supranational Community of Europe
Europe's democratic institutions
Posted on 27/07/12
Today Queen Elizabeth sealed the Irish peace process with a handshake and a private talk with Northern Ireland’s Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness. He was the former chief of the IRA, responsible for mayhem and the murder of Earl Mountbatten, the Queen’s cousin. This peace was acknowledged by the Irish Nobel Peace Prize winners as owing a great deal to European reconciliation, supranational law and the recognition of Human Rights. Much more can yet be done with properly functioning European institutions.
In contrast to the Irish peace process, the ‘Peace Process’ of the Israel government and Arab States has been going nowhere for two decades. There are little indications other than that the ‘Palestinian‘ side will always refuse any offers Israel makes for peace. Its media encourage children to become suicide-bomb fodder, they name squares after bombers and the celebrate vicious killers who blow up innocent people on buses. Meanwhile ‘president‘ Mahmoud Abbas remains unelected. Although the multi-millionaire is rather ‘poorer’ than billionaire, terrorist Yasser Arafat, he has not had the charity to condemn the 1972 Munich killing of Israeli athletes for which he was partly responsible. Nor has he withdrawn the circulation of his doctorate on Holocaust denial.
Has the EU nothing to say to Arab forces about this? How about: GET REAL! OR THE WORLD WILL END IN FLAMES!
Below I give my reply made last week to a blog published by the
‘Blogactiv team’. I was surprised that the Euractiv organisation
had prepared an article full of elementary factual and historical
mistakes. It is called The
Palestinians and the “Piece” of the Process.
My comment is still ‘awaiting moderation‘. As this may take some time, I am publishing my response here.
While that response is still awaiting acknowledgement and publishing with the article, I might add the following additional factual corrections for the attention of the European External Action Service and European democrats.
1. It is not just a 60-year conflict. That only dates back to the time when six Arab armies ILLEGALLY invaded the Mandate territory, defying the laws, and resolutions of both the League of Nations and the United Nations.
2. Long before 1948, peaceful Jewish residents were killed and massacred by mobs led by ideologues. During most of the time of the British Mandate Jews were targeted and the British reacted inadequately. In 1929 59 people were killed in Hebron, a city that was the home of Jews and Israelites for nearly 4000 years.
3. The idea of Palestinian nationhood, that is, an identifiable Arab people is a fiction, invented by the Egyptian dictator Abdul Nasser. He hired Yasser Arafat, an Egyptian-born militant to become the third leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization. The Syrian dictator Assad would not speak to Arafat because he was convinced by Arafat’s Egyptian accent that he was just an Egyptian agent planted to cause trouble. At that time the so-called West Bank was occupied illegally by Jordanians! What liberation?? At no time in the last 2000 years has there ever been any entity called a Palestinian State. There is no Palestinian culture which is any different from a Syrian or an Egyptian culture because most of the so-called ‘Palestinians‘ came from Egypt or Syria to work in the Jewish Mandate territory.
4. Just before getting the Nobel Prize, Arafat said in Stockholm to Fatah supporters that ‘We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state.‘ He added ‘We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. Jews will not want to live among Arabs.‘ That is the same policy today as articulated in Arabic by a female Fatah official.
5. The idea of Palestinian State is to destroy the Jews and then the West. In Arabic on Al-Hekma TV on 23 March 2012, Hamas Minister of the Interior and of National Security Fathi Hamad angrily shouted out the truth to his Egyptian brothers. He said that “Palestinians” originate from other parts of the Middle East. ‘Palestinian nationhood’ is a total fraud. ‘Palestinians’ do not come from ‘Palestine’!!
According to Gazan minister Hammad. ‘Every Palestinian, in Gaza and throughout Palestine, can prove his Arab roots – whether from Saudi Arabia, from Yemen, or anywhere. We have blood ties.‘
“Brothers, half of the Palestinians are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis,” he exclaimed. “Thus, the conspiracy is very clear. Al-Aksa and the land of Palestine represent the spearhead for Islam and for the Muslims. Therefore, when we seek the help of our Arab brothers, we are not seeking their help in order to eat, to live, to drink, to dress, or to live a life of luxury. No. When we seek their help, it is in order to continue to wage Jihad.“
6. With the Muslim Brotherhood holding the presidency in Egypt
and Hamas the militant arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, Europe and the
Mediterranean is in increasing danger. One aide of the new Egyptian
President Mohammed Morsi, Safwat Hajari, told roaring crowds
that he wanted to make Jerusalem the capital of Egypt!
REAL PEACE HAS FLOURISHED IN EUROPE AFTER MORE THAN 2000 YEARS OF WAR.
PEACE HAS BLOSSOMED IN IRELAND AFTER CENTURIES OF SECTARIAN STRIFE.
WHEN WILL EUROPE’S LEADERS SOUND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT REAL PEACE IN A WORLD OF LIES?